Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 6 - from action to interaction


353909.jpg (234×250)





How to create a student-centered environment for small or large classes? Collaboration seems to be the answer. Have students engage in group work to develop projects, do WebQuests, go through PowerPoint presentations, produce their own IT resources can make our classes more effective and fun. 

Students will certainly profit from well planned lessons which take into account the student's needs, abilities, interests, and learning styles. This lesson planning requires accurate tools.  
In student-centered environment, our role as teachers is to coach students through their learning  journey and give them good questions rather than answers. Enhancing autonomy is a must.

        


Last week I felt so proud because I was able to produce my first WebQuest. Well, this week has given me another reason to be proud: I created my first interactive Powerpoint. I never considered the power of PowerPoint in responding to different learning styles. Making the PowerPoint a student-centered tool will enhance students’ commitment to learning. 
I’ll soon be trying techniques such as blank slides, hyperlinks and others.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Malu,

    You have lots to be proud of!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Malu

    I really think the same you do.
    Collaboration is a key factor in learning process, and teacher are couch to students learning journey, and a well designed lesson plan, enhanced with technology: Power Point, WebQuest, Flash applications, and other lead students to develop the skill.

    Great post.

    Dalton

    ReplyDelete