Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week 8 - Online Tools for Enhancing Learning


Well, this week’s assignments have kept us all quite busy. We started with our project first draft and peer review. Later on we went through an amazing tool to enhance learning autonomy: ANVILL. At first I felt weighed down by the sophistication of this speech-based toolbox. However, as the week progressed Jeff Magoto’s participation in the discussion thread made ANVILL mechanics easier to understand. It is indeed a great all-inclusive tool: Voiceboard and TCast will certainly upgrade all activities in my classes.



Although ANVILL was the highlight of the week, I felt really thrilled with the possibility of putting up a coursesite, which I considered impossible to do a few weeks ago. I didn’t manage to plan the reading course at ANVILL, so I chose nicenet and blogger, which I’m more familiar with.



This has been a wonderful course. I’m sure it will take me more a semester to make use of all the tools and resources we were introduced to.   



No comments:

Post a Comment