Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 9 - Multiple intelligences and learning styles




It has been a very interesting week. First we finished our projects after our partner’s critique. That was an accomplishment. I think the way the course was structured helped us compose the project easily. That fact we had to write about one specific aspect of the project every week made it seem almost done by the time we actually had to assemble the parts.

I’d like to thank Donna and Makiko for their support.

The topic for discussion wasn’t new to me. I’ve been thinking about how I can plan classes for multiple intelligences and different learning styles for quite a long time. Years ago all we had in the classroom was a TV, a VCR and a CD player. Now that we have IT technology we can do so much more.

It’s important to help students identify their strengths by providing a varied choice of activities under different approaches. If we consider the need to develop students’ autonomy, we have to stimulate students to find out how they learn, make them evaluate the appropriateness of their own learning method in terms of performance and pleasure.

We teachers need to be careful not to impose our own learning style and intelligence in the classroom. 


By the way, I found the learning style assessment chart very handy and I plan to use it with my students soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Malu,

    The learning style assessment chart is great, isn't it?

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malu,

    The learning style assessmet chart is wonderful isn't it?

    I find it very helpful.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malu,

    I support your opinion about the importance of helping students identify their strengths by providing a varied choice of activities under different approaches, and even better helping them develop their own learning method in terms of performance and "pleasure."

    I like your post.

    Dalton

    ReplyDelete