Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week 2 Planning

This has been a very busy and productive week. Before reading the texts about planning, I would easily say I didn’t feel the need to plan, first because I was never asked to and also because I believed you only needed to plan if you didn’t know what to do.

Well, I couldn’t be farther from the truth. The ABCD objective planning helped me consider one of my major difficulties in teaching which is assessment. I think I’ll be more comfortable choosing how to evaluate students’ learning if I plan in advance what they are expected to produce and at what level of accuracy given a certain condition. It is a must that students know what they’re about learn and produce.

I planned a special lesson using short dialogues from a film to review reported speech. 
It was a change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment