Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week 4 - Reading and Writing


This week I learned about developing reading and writing skills. I consider the synergic relationship between reading and writing the most important aspect of this reflexion.  One doesn’t exist without the other.
While Liang’s paper has no significant impact in my experience, Krajka points out a very important issue related to writing through the web: one must not lose sight of learning objectives and the effectiveness of technological tools to enhance them.



Reading and writing emails, web pages and class blogs can motivate students and give them a sense of accomplishment because of its authentic and updated content.
Maybe the greatest gift I was given this week was the never-ending list of blogs to feed my Delicious page.




Among them I found:
http://www.booksshouldbefree.com

Last but not least, the lesson plan was so demanding. Besides the planning ability I do have to get hold of, I was once again asked to think of students learning style which I consider one of the most important aspects of lesson planning. That’s what really makes us focus our teaching on the students and their needs. Therefore the choice of resources will be objectively driven.
We’re heading to the middle of the course already!  This has been a long and winding road, hasn’t it?  I thank Donna and all of you for the rich sharing and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment